Savings and Benefits using Ozone
The system in action: Ozone is injected in appropriate levels into cold water throughout the wash process. Ozone reacts quickly by dividing organic molecules in the water and causing soils to separate from fabric and disintegrate. The oxidization power of ozone then sterilizes and deodorizes more effectively, less expensively and more reliably than other current methods. Ozone then reverts back to its oxygen form, leaving no chemical residual.
- Whiter, fluffier linens that smell clothesline dried: The evidence is definitely in the look, feel and smell. While providing superior cleaning power, Ozone prevents residue buildup in the weaver of the cloth, leaving fibers naturally soft and resilient.
- Reduced energy costs: The Ozone process reduces laundry operation's hot water usage from 70 to 100 percent, a significant savings in electricty and natural gas consumption
- Lower water and sewer costs: The fewer washes and rinses facilitated by the Ozone system equate to a 20 to 40 percent savings in water and sewer costs.
- Reduces labor intensity: A shorter wash cycle means less time devoted to laundry, resulting in reduced labor costs or increased productivity through reassignment of employees. Implementation of the Ozone system also eliminates employee complaints of skin rashes, cracking, dryness and insensitivity caused by harsh soaps, chlorine bleaches and cleaning agents.
- Superior oxidizing and sterilizing agent: Throughout Ozone wash cycles, ozone destroys viruses, eradicates odors and removes soil. It is highly reactive and requires minimal contact time to disinfect. It is safer than many chemicals used in commercial laundry.
- Environmentally friendly: Ozone systems conserve water and energy and use environmentally friendly chemicals, greatly contributing to the protection of the environment. Since ozone destroys itself within the system, it presents no burden or threat to the wastewater system.
- Extended linen life: With wash cycles up to 40 percent shorter in duration and drying time cut down by 20 percent due to improved extraction, linens processed with Ozone laundry looks better and last longer. The system uses cold temperatures, avoiding fabric shrinkage, aging and deterioration caused by hot water washing.
For more information check out these websites: